Building homes is very expensive. It not only requires a lot of building materials or manpower. Building codes and permits are required. This can be hectic or strenuous for some people to afford. This is one of the reasons pole barn houses emerged. Pole barn houses are both affordable and easy to build.
Most people find it difficult to differentiate between pole barn and normal houses. Are you one of them? If yes, worry not, we are going to give you insight details and help you understand the difference. Pole barn houses can be traced way back in memorial. They were used by farmers to store various types of equipment.
The main difference between a normal house and a pole barn is that a pole barn requires no foundation. It mostly comprises of aluminum or steel poles. They are used to provide support to the poles.
Understanding pole barn houses before you build
As earlier stated pole houses don’t require any foundation.However; it requires planning. This ranges from pole barn house floor planning and space required. A person also needs to estimate the quantity of materials required to complete the structure.
Pole houses use different pole barn house floor plans, depending on a person’s preference. These designs and plans can be adjusted to meet your family’s needs. There are those who prefer hardwood flooring, whereas there are those who choose concrete or tiles. Either way, it is important to carefully plan everything before commencing the building process. This applies to foundation, walls and installing heaters or insulators.
How much do pole barn houses cost?
There are many people who are constantly researching on how much pole barn houses cost. There is no specific answers to this question .There are certain factors that determine how much you will pay for your house, namely:
- The surface area you wish to build your pole barn house. Surface area determines the quantity of materials you need.
- If you are building the house on your own or if you are hiring professional experts.
- Your preferred design. There are some designs that are simple and easy to construct, whereas there are those that are difficult to construct. In such cases, a person is advised to hire professional contractors to handle the task on your behalf.
Advantages of pole Barn houses
Pole barn houses are gaining popularity at a very high rate. Let us look at some factors that make people prefer them to normal houses:
- Cost of construction-As earlier stated, normal houses are quite expensive to construct. It has been practically proven that barn houses are simple and affordable to construct compared to normal houses.
- Time conscious-These house is perfect for those who need to build a shelter within a small period. It all depends on the selected design.
- Pole barn homes can be custom made to suit a person’s specific needs.
- These homes are easy to insulate. A person doesn’t have to worry about heat transfer from one place to another.
There are some people who are confused on the roofing to set on their pole barn houses. Roofing is a critical process as it plays a vital role in determining how your house will look like. Professional constructors advise people to use metal roofing.
Metal roofing is mostly preferred because other roofing materials age faster and need to be replaced or repaired quite often. Metal roofs last longer, depending on the selected brand. That’s not all; a person has a wide range of metallic roof to choose from. In addition to this, metallic roofs are known to be wind resistant.
Pole barn houses are similar to normal houses in that they need to meet certain safety standards. This is one of the reasons it is advised to hire experts. You need to use different techniques and criterion to ensure you hire highly trained and certified foremen. There have been many cases where pole barns houses have collapsed and caused serious injuries on owners and their loved ones.
You can ask for documents and certificates that allow them to operate. You should look for contractors with a lot of experience in pole barn houses. Such agencies have experience when it comes to handling and designing various construction tasks. Based on the above information; it is evident pole barn houses have a bright future in the construction industry.